Existing Member?

Tips On Trips

A Night with Guy Fawkes

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 16 September 2014 | Views [1332] | Scholarship Entry

Despite the fact that we’re not shooting video for living, both of us find enough inspiration and time to shoot some movies. We even made our own travel show ‘Tips On Trips’ while studying at the University of Sussex in Brighton (UK). As members of UniTV Student Society we pitched ‘Tips On Trips’ idea - a travel show that is meant to inform the avid traveller where and how to visit exciting locations around the Brighton area. Originally, show was created for the foreign students who came studying and are eager to explore the new country. The host of the show gives useful advices on where to go/what to do/where to eat.

We work great as a team. Ganna is the one who is responsible for shooting. She always knows which lenses, microphones and cameras to use. She also knows how to pick the right locations in order to make the picture more dynamic and exciting for the viewer. I am the one who is responsible for writing the scripts and I am the host of the show. And of course all the editing is a result of a great teamwork.

We’ve chosen the Guy Fawkes Night episode for the entry because it gives an idea of English culture, history and traditions. Each year on the 5th of November most of the locals gather in a small town called Lewes to become a part of loud celebrations. Guy Fawkes Night starts with a huge parade followed by fireworks, dancing and bonfires. This is a must-visit English festival and now we’re dying to film Day of the Dead in Mexico.

XOXO
Kate & Ganna

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About kate_ganna


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.