Existing Member?

All stories great and small

Learn New Skills - Aussie Battler

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 5 November 2013 | Views [1040] | Scholarship Entry

Why this clip?
People always think Australia's all about beaches and surfing. But there's a lot more to us than that. Like this group of Vikings we found in Ashfield Park. We thought they were so cool, so Hing joined the group, learned to fight and dress like a Viking and I filmed him exploring the subculture.
Experience to date and ambition
Hing’s a popular stand-up comedian who’s a regular at comedy festivals. He’d like to make it as a TV presenter – and he’s funny enough to have his own audience.
I’m a passionate filmmaker who wants to work for Nat Geo. I’ve been scraping a living shooting bands, doing my own projects and friends' short films for free, but my big plan is to find a mentor and learn to be the best I can be.
Winning this would mean
For us, it’s the opportunity of a lifetime. A dream assignment, and the chance to experience a professional production and learn from expert mentors. It would mean the beginning of our careers and the chance to prove our talent to wider audience.
We also hope we can bring you something in return. We offer our total commitment, our high energy and our sense of fun and discovery. We’re up for anything and we love a challenge.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About jmd


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.