Existing Member?

Luchadora

The Exile

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 4 September 2015 | Views [210] | Scholarship Entry

I'm Jenna Myers and I recently finished my undergraduate degree in Global Studies at ASU. I have an intrinsic interest for other countries and have spent my degree on exchange programs across the world. I studied communication design in Melbourne, film, fine arts, and creative writing in Vancouver, Swahili in Tanzania, and political science and cultures in Buenos Aires. I speak Spanish fluently (grew up in Phoenix, Arizona), and when I went to Argentina I originally wanted to go to Colombia because of their beautiful accent in Spanish and friendly, vibrant culture. While experimenting with different mediums, I discovered my passion for short films. The film that I submitted shows my humor and creativity (I discovered the film throughout the filming process, and the girl in the video I actually met while shooting at the library!). In my art and travels I am resourceful, optimistic, and enjoy talking to new people and hearing about their lives. I am independent yet can work in a creative pair. Having many experiences traveling, I know I can overcome obstacles on the road and delight in going outside my comfort zone. Though the film I submitted is comedic, I am very serious about my work, and since I finished my degree I wish to focus more on documentary films. While traveling I naturally begin to question my surroundings and wonder how this world came to be as it is today. If granted this opportunity, I would put my whole heart and soul into the film. I can't wait to meet you.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About jeje

On a frozen lake in Minnesota, my homeland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.