Existing Member?

The JK Rolling Show We visited Legazpi City in Albay, Philippines to experience the locale and observe how its people deal with the constant threat of the country's most active volcano, Mt. Mayon - which is renowned for its "perfect cone" shape - that looms nearby.

The City and the Volcano

PHILIPPINES | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [1917] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

Jay and I met 11 years ago in college when we joined the same film-related student organization. In recent years, we dabbled in some film projects with friends, but this is our first film project together in almost a decade.

Jay is a game designer and I am a writer/law student. In 2010, we together with our friends, published a travel magazine called Lakwatcha. The name is derived from the local word "lakwatsa" which means "to wander about" and that gives you an idea of what we enjoy doing on our free time. Jay's personal quest is to see the world from atop the tallest skyscrapers around the globe; mine is to see relics of civilizations long gone.

Winning the World Nomads Travel Film Scholarship would allow us to merge two things that we enjoy doing: filmmaking and travelling. This will allow us to experience the culture of Mexico and learn from people that we meet along the way.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

beautiful work!

  shawnharris Sep 17, 2014 2:20 PM

2

Thanks Shawn! Good job on your film, too. Love those night shots.

  Jay Sep 18, 2014 9:01 PM

About jay_and_kate


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.