Existing Member?

the endless highway

a lost highway in Kyrgzstan

KYRGYZSTAN | Tuesday, 16 September 2014 | Views [1485] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

I should be chosen, because I have two passions in this life: Having adventures and making films (the two of which have become inseperable to me). My first film was a documentary about a squat I lived in in England, my second was a series of interviews with the customers of a small crack-den in Brazil. After having done odd-jobs here and there making videos for people's websites or filming their concerts, I decided that this was not why I had started to make films. I had started to make films because deep down, I wanted to infect people with my fascination for the diversity and beauty of the human race. I decided to do something rash to get back on the right path, and planned a film-project of grand proportions. I decided to cycle from Germany to Japan, over the course of eight months. I worked in a factory for 6 months, until I had the money to buy a good bicycle and the production equipment necessary to produce episodes from my bicycle. During my journey I made 11 short films, which I uploaded at regular intervals to my website www.robohorse.tv. The best film I made on route was a portrait of a family of Tibetan nomads, who I lived with for a week. All of my films have been self funded. I have made them purely for the sake of making them, because I love travel film making more than anything. Please help me to make the next step towards being able to sustain myself with what I love!

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

Well--an amazing little film.
I knew your Dad, and Mum obviously, and you must make her proud as I know you would do for your Dad, God Bless Him.

  Bill Hay Nov 14, 2014 5:44 PM

About jabawoky


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kyrgyzstan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.