Existing Member?

Now focusing

LIfe is mixture "Cous Cous"

SPAIN | Wednesday, 4 March 2015 | Views [367]

Cous cous “Life is mixture”

I live in East Coast of Spain, Valencia in a city that has been home of diferent cultures … arabians have been here before and developed and made important contributions to our culture. So I considered important to honour that heritage …

In the village where I meet with my family in Christmas, also have that heritage and they celebrate the battle between arabians and christians, so in order to feel integration of both cultures, feeling that part of my roots are arabians, I made a imaginary trip, looking for that essence and colleting all the species ...

I already tasted real cous cous, I was lucky, somefriends cooked for me the original récipe. It was important also for me that someother members contubuted to that misture experience, so then, everybody woul feel the peace of mixing cultures.

So I ask my sister in low to look for some ingredients, my ant prepared the soup that gave it the flavour, (sometimes is aditional) and this came from a original and traditional valencian rice. This was the base, which is not completely like cous cous, but I was looking for this mixture.

I made the vegetables, the meat and prepare the oven, very important while I was cooking, I listened arabian music to give a funny touch to that dish.

Later I look for the best species, from here aand there .... add the vegetables and some fruit that grows near home, oranges and lemons gave it the freshness that I needed.

Some hierbabuena "mint" as a touch and we enjoyed the mixture cous cous, in one of our traditional meetings ins Christmas.

I would love to be in Sri lanka because, I want to discover more about the essence of cooking that is not only what you mix, also about the mood when you prepare the things, in this way I feel I have a lot to learn from Sri lanka while I can offer my best attitudes with presentations.

 

life is mixture.jpg

 

Tags: cous cous, family, life, mixture, music, roots

About irenefocus


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.