Existing Member?

FloresIsland

IndonesiaForTheFirst

INDONESIA | Sunday, 11 May 2014 | Views [124] | Scholarship Entry

The first time i go to Flores Island, is when i was a little kid. By taking a big ship at that time. I never forget that i get a sea sick and just lied on the bed for 2 weeks! I still can remember that i came to my grandparents house and go to the river then taked a bath there with my cousins. It was very very enchanted me back then! we were also got some cocoa fruit and eating it as much as we can ate, and then collected the seed to drying it, to make a cocoa flour.
Not only that, we were also go to fishing. The beach (my grandparents house is near the beach, it was 30 minutes by walking) just unspoiled, so beatifull and so peacefully. I remember it was the first time i go fishing with my cousins. When we got some fish, we make a fire and roast the fish. You know, the fish was so sweet, we cooked it without a seasoning, but still turned sweet. so delicious!

Rangkuk Alu

At my hometown, there were a traditional game or dance called "Rangkuk Alu". How we played it? it was easy, there will be 2 people who will hold 2 bamboos by the end of the bamboo, and they will knock it each other (into and outside the bamboo) and it'll make a sound like "tok tok tak- tok tok tak". When they star to knock the bamboo, you can jump into and outside the cap that they make fit with the bamboo sound. Is it hard to imagine that game? if it's hard for you to imagine that, you can find the picture on google, just write "rangkuk alu" and click search, and you'll get some picture of it.

The First Time I Drink Arrack-Traditional Alcohol

The first time i drink alcohol (arrack), was when i at my daddy hometown (at Flores too). That day, my big family have to maked a commemoration of my great great grandmother. All my family had sited down together and ate some traditional food and maked a custom event for her. That time, i just sitting behind my uncle, then the elders start to give arrack (back then i didn't know that was arrack!). My uncle gave it to me, he said "just drink it a little" and i drank it, to much! Haha I still remember how my mother looked at me when i drink it, shock!
But, for me that was a great memory that i have. How can a little girl drink such an alcohol?

The First Time I..... END

That was some of my memories, i believe that i have so much memories, but i do forget some of it. But, i also happy that i can share some of my travel journal with you, eventhough my English not so good. hehe
So, see you in another stories about my adventure in another country. Hoho

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About indonesiathengotofrance


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.