Existing Member?

Rachel corrie

MV Rachel Corrie By Fiona Thompson

IRELAND | Saturday, 31 July 2010 | Views [1232] | Comments [2]

My Journey on  the MV Rachel Corrie was the inspiration for my film. The MV Rachel Corrie was the last ship left sailing towards Gaza earlier this year after the tragic attack on the main flotilla by the Israeli navy which ended in a number of fatalities on board the Mavi Marmara. As a consequence of this  The “Rachel Corrie” had somehow become the conscience of the international community.

The film focuses  around the moment we received word of the attack on the main flotilla and what happens afterwords. I used my voice as the auditorial voice as a shaping device for the film, Using sunset and sunrises to give a sense of passing time.

The main challenge was to convey in the beginning, excitement and adventure of the mission brought to a halt by the devastating news of the attack,towards the end conveying the strength and determination of the activists on the path of non-violence to deliver the humanitarian aid to the people of Gaza.  

My ambition is to dedicate my life to creating  documentaries with a social conscience, at a  local, international and global level. Winning this scholarship would give me the experience to start my career.

Tags: boat, dundalk, fiona thompson, freedom foltilla, mv linda, mv rachel corrie

Comments

1

well done fiona...............jenny ( rachel corrie passenger)

  jenny Aug 1, 2010 1:31 AM

2

Great work Fiona very well done...........Eva Jenny,s mumxx

  eva fitzgerald Aug 1, 2010 8:25 AM

About fthompson75


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.