Existing Member?

wanderlust rhapsody

Corrieshalloch Gorge

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 20 May 2015 | Views [154] | Scholarship Entry

Meadows and mountains all covered in a pure white snow mixed with a dark grey sky, that was the view through the window of the car. I was so amazed I felt like in those movies where the scenario is always around dark days, Of course they were the famous Highlands of Scotland. where the sheep don't know about any wild weather or impediments to get out and get their food. While that pure white allows you to see very clear the deer on top of the hills watching you arriving to their territory and being able to see for first time the famous ginger Highland cows.
Neil turned in another direction and parked in place with nothing amazing around. "You will love this place". Waterproof clothes and shoes on as it was raining apart of all the snow around. and we started to walk, down and down. Suddenly i could hear the roar of the water stronger and stronger. And then I was there, a wee bridge and the most impressive Gorge I could ever imaged, it was Corrieshalloch Gorge.
Not even the Iguazu falls made feel so small in the world, that place was just the perfect mix of scary, wild and beautiful, just to look down made me want to scream, not only for the power of the water falling and running, all the trees and rocks made of that place a perfect master piece. Where I realize how small we are against the nature, just to imagine of falling down made me cross quickly the bridge and walk around that beautiful forest, not even the cold, the rain or the fact that i couldn't feel my fingers anymore made me stop watching that place, you really don't see something like this everyday, not even in all the places I traveled before.
My surprise didn't finish there, Neil got close to me and asked me "do you like it?" with my eyes sparkling i answered "like it? I just cant assimilate so much beauty, this a good Scottish welcome" And then with the forest in one side and the huge gorge in the other, Neil and me looked at each other and had our first kiss.
Today I'm one more time here, with the rain falling over my face, without being able to move my fingers, standing in the same bridge hearing that powerful roar falling and running, it just reminds me how powerful my love for him was, but he decided to leave.
And you know what ? I realized that I was just like this place, wild, falling down but carrying on with all the power you can, probably he wasn't able to handle me.
Everybody has that natural place in the world, that identify you. Mine is Corrieshalloch Gorge.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About evelin_armella


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.