Existing Member?

i learned something

Byzas

TURKEY | Friday, 2 May 2014 | Views [154] | Scholarship Entry

In August 2012, i've had a chance to went Istanbul, Turkey. I want to see what i can get in that day, i went to Blue Mosque, it was built at 1609, it incorporates some Byzantine Christian elements of the neighboring Hagia Sophia with traditional Islamic architecture and is considered to be the last great mosque of the classical period. There was a main dome and eight secondary dome. And then i went to Grand Bazaar, it was a modern malls with classical architecture, there was 26.000 people inside the bazaar, the place you can buy anything what you want in turkey. In the next day i went to hippodrome, it was the place were you can sit enjoying the garden, and then i went to river that separated turkey into a 2 continent, Europe and Asia it was beautiful in the evening, the sun is going down at 8.00 pm and you can see the sunset in the end of the river. The difference Turkey Asia and Turkey Europe is the street, the building, Turkey in Europe is more modern and clean, in Asia is more classic, because be affected the Byzantium period. Im just glad to had a chance round the city of Istanbul.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About erkend


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.