Existing Member?

Patagonia: In Search od Hidden Glaciers

Patagonia: In Search of Hidden Glaciers

CHILE | Wednesday, 2 September 2015 | Views [3242] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

My passion is for adventure, and exploring new places inspires me. On my return I would feel disappointed that I could not share my travels with friends and family, in a way that would do the experience justice. I needed to find a way of showing people the amazing places I've explored, and a way for them to re-live just a fraction of my adventures. Film allows me to include people within my adventure. I find it easier to tell my stories through beautiful images and create a fitting atmosphere by adding the right music. Film can create a powerful and inspiring story or documentary, and I am just beginning to understand the art.

I am a outdoor instructor and amateur adventurer form the UK. At 26 I feel that I need to pursue my interest in creating films, as it brings real meaning to my life. I want to improve and learn, capture and share life's amazing moments. I have no previous experience with film making other than documenting my own travels fun. Now when I see the world, I see potential stories, unique images and possible inspiration I can create for others.

My future is to start making adventure and travel films for a living, and inspire others to get out and experience life. Colombia is a culturally rich and exciting place which I feel I could capture in my own unique style. Having never seeked advice or education in the art of film, it would be a life changing opportunity to learn form a professional, and may be the first step of a new and exciting career for me.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

Beautiful story Erin. As a white water rafting guide and ski patroller originally from Alaska, I could *really* empathize with those stormy days you two endeared. It was inspiring to see you both keep smiling.

  Katie Archer Dec 2, 2015 2:41 AM

2

That was brilliant and really brought a tear to my eye! I'm hoping to enter the contest this year and your film was the perfect inspiration. Lovely!

  Saffron Barham Aug 24, 2016 10:26 AM

About erinbastian


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.