Existing Member?

The Long Journey Home Mountains, rivers and lakes. Sun, sea and sand. Rain, ferns and Kiwis. Snow, ice and glaciers. Tramp, trail and road run. Adventure....

The Blue Mountains

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 20 February 2015 | Views [322]

An early start this morning for the Blue Mountains Tour, departing 7am! The first stop was the featherdale wildlife park.  Here I hand fed wallabies. I also saw wallabies, echidnas, dingo, cassowary, wombats, inland taipan (the world's most deadly venomous snake, safely behind glass!) kangaroos, koalas, penguins, goanas, an albino kookaburra and a tasmanian devil.  

We then travelled on to the the Blue Mountains, stopping for lunch at the Country Club at Wentworth Falls. At hte BLue Mountains I walked down to the Jamison Valley past the Katoomba Falls. We then did a walk along the boardwalks down in the valley, and caught the world's steepest railway back to the top of scenic world.  Unfortunately we were late as the train was so busy and missed our driver who carried on to Echo Falls without the two of us.  Luckily he had left a message with a member of staff who said he'd be back to get us in ten minutes! We had just enough time to take some photos at hte viewpoint at Echo Point of the valley and the three sisters. 

Tour driver Terry then took us back to Ryde in Sydney where we boarded a captain cook scenic river cruise up the Paramatta rive back in to Darling Harbour then under the Harbour bridge and in to circular quay.  

Channing, from Oklahoma, and I went to Harbour YHA in the Rocks with Gillian, from Torquay, to see the view from the rooftop - it had a great view of the harbour, brdige and the opera house.  We then saw they were doing an Aussie barbie with big prawns and kangaroo sausages so we decided to stay for dinner.  It was a delicious and bargainous dinner with a great view! 

We then caught the train from circular quay back to central and got back at 9pm after a 14 hour day out! 

Tags: mountains, river, wildlife

 

About e_c_whittome


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.