Existing Member?

Travels

Getting There

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 27 November 2012 | Views [297]

Flying via KL - with a night in the airport transit hotel.

Forgot that my luggage would need to be cleared through customs before I could change - so it took a while to go through formalities that I could have avoided.

There was no rush though and I wasn't in a hurry so I took that time to look at clothes and faces and try to "listen" to the body language of people around me I couldn't understand - making up their life stories.

Time passed quickly and that was that.

Breakfast was "Curry Potato Toast" and an interesting "White Coffee" from the old town coffee shop at the airport. Not sure how exactly it was made - curry was a thin soup with a few slices of potato and thick brown toast bed and the coffee was very sweet, with condensed milk perhaps and a chocolatey taste - though not so much like Mocha - hard to describe.

Everything went smoothly for the morning flight. Had all the documents I needed for immigration and the representative from my host organisation picked me up and took me to my hotel.

A pleasant afternoon walking around. Sat by the river, watching the kids playing and the people resting in the shade.

It's quieter than I expected. I was told that there has been rapid growth, which is evident, but probably because it was a holiday the roads were less congested and streets quieter than other Asian capitals. I found all the shops and restaurants I had targetted from my preparations within a 20 minute walk from my hotel.

Early night - 4 hour time difference meant I dozed off before 8:00.

 

 

 

About dean_ian


Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.