Existing Member?

Travels

Europe2015

FRANCE | Wednesday, 25 November 2015 | Views [313]

Arriving in November is not really the best time to be in Europe - though it has its charm.  Having travelled the Silk Road from China the original plan once we go to the European part of Turkey was to continue a Southern mediteranean route all the way to Portugal - but as is our way we decided that Europe was going to be too expensive to give it justice and we'd rather do that second phase of the trip in Spring or Autumn so we decided to just spend a few weeks there and visit some friends.

So we flew to England, staying with a couple we'd met in Africa then an old friend in Corsham. We hired a car for a couple of weeks and spent it in the South West. Then to Germany to again pick up a hire car and we drove from Frankfurt to the Bordeaux region in France where we again stayed with an old friend. Then we drove across the south of France to Italy, north through Austria back to Munich and then back to Frankfurt.  About six weeks in all and an excellent trip for what it was though we leave quite a bit of unfinished business behind and look forward to returning.

England

- London

- Corsham

- Cornwall: Penzance, Ruthernbridge (Bodmin)

 

Germany

- Frankfurt

- Berchtesgarten

- Munich

 

France

- Montceau-Les-Mines

- St. Maurice-sur-Adour

- Toulouse/Carcassonne/Nice

 

Italy

- Verona

About dean_ian


Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.