Existing Member?

Dan and Kilee's Travels

AWAY

USA | Wednesday, 31 December 2008 | Views [481] | Comments [1]

Speedboat to paradise.

Speedboat to paradise.

We woke early to catch a puddlejumper to Trat - only to find out most ferries were full due to the New Year holiday. We paid perhaps a little more but were able to secure spots on oversize speed boats - great rides reminiscent of the big lake on a windy day. 

The gulf is beautiful - with outcropping islands and hidden coves.  I think we will be happy to get lost here. 

As we rode up to our resort fellow passengers complimented us on our choice - Dan's choice.  The bungalows overlooking the breathtaking blue water are the kind dreams are made of - old growth palm trees hide private outdoor showers, the bali-style beds are shrouded with mosquito netting, teakwood floors demand that we take our shoes off, signs warning of dropping coconuts are scattered across the grounds, wooden swings hang lazily over the shimmering waters, and thatched roof huts shading pillowed papasan chaises are calling our names.  A cool breeze beats the humidity and forced into our bathing suits we feel in a daze.  After getting a mojito, we can't think of a single thing we need right now. This place is paradise and we can't imagine a honeymoon being anything better.

They have us signed up for a New Years gala tonight which includes cocktails, dinner, games and fireworks.  Ah, life couldn't get any better, truly it's heaven on earth.

 

Comments

1

WOW!! Sounds like a fantastic honeymoon, well planned. Congratulations!! What a great way to welcome the New Year. Happy New Year!! Can't wait to read all about the rest of your adventure. You two are great story tellers. Much Love to you both, have a safe trip and happy return..

  Kejon Cote Jan 1, 2009 3:58 AM

About danweiler


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.