Existing Member?

Dan and Kilee's Travels

Customs Shmustoms

THAILAND | Monday, 29 December 2008 | Views [501]

Day pict of Wat Arun from our room in Bangkok

Day pict of Wat Arun from our room in Bangkok

WE MADE IT!  


After a very long trip with many obstacles, we are sitting in our hotel on the channel in Bangkok.  Our hotel website is http://www.arunresidence.com/main.htm if you are interested.


We flew separate flights from Tokyo to Bangkok.  Kilee left first so she was waiting for me when I landed.  That part actually went as we originally planned.  We walked to customs, stood in a short line, gave them our papers and went through.  Absolutely no problem.  We, of course, had been stressing during all of our flights that it would work out.  Thankfully, the ticketing agent in Tokyo gave Kilee a boarding pass.  That is where I thought we'd have the issue. 

Upon leaving customs, our car service driver was waiting for us with a sign with our names on it.  High class.  He took us directly to our hotel.  45 minutes later we were unpacking and finally relaxing.

The pictures attached our views from our hotel room.  It's a split level boutique style hotel on the Mae Nam Chao Phraya (the chanel that runs through Bangkok).  The pictures are of Wat Arun - a famous buddhist temple directly across from us.  ONe pict when we arrived and one in the morning.


We both slept part of the night but are still adjusting.  We are planning to see Wat Pho - houses the 150 ft reclining buddha and The Grand Palace. 


Well, that's all for now.  We love you all and will keep you informed thoroughly for this portion of the trip since we have internet at our hotel.


Dan and Kilee

About danweiler


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.