Existing Member?

How to spend your redundancy settlement

Melbourne

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 25 January 2011 | Views [354]

26th December – Got up early as I am flying to Melbourne to watch the Ashes. After a train to the airport I caught my flight and all was easy peasy. When I arrived in Melbourne I found out that Australia had lost 4 wickets by lunch so decided to go to the ground to collect my tickets for the next 2 days and to also purchase a ticket for the rest of the days play. And what a days play it was. England managed to dismiss Australia for only 98 before going on to have a go themselves. Brilliant.

After leaving the ground I headed to St Kilda and met up with Marek and Lisa who I originally met in Brazil and grabbed a drink with them. We were also joined by Dave and Caroline who I met in Puerto Iguassu. Its crazy sometimes when you meet people you originally met soo far away. We had a few drinks before I checked into my hostel, got a falafel and hit the hay.

 

27th December – Got up early and headed to the MCG. I have a really good spot on the 16th row. I am also surrounded by English fans including two very funny guys next to me who wont stop yelling funny abuse at the Australia team. England batted all day and are on their way to setting a massive total. After a fantastic day at the cricket I went with some of the people next to me to the football stadium next door. Inside I met up with Marek as he has a season ticket. The match was Melbourne Victory Vs Newcastle Jets and it was a terrible standard of football. Que chants of “This would be a sit game in England, Sit game in England” from fellow cricket fans that also decided to come across. Australia really weren’t having a good day with English sports on that day. After the football Marek invited me to his as Lisa was cooking a massive Lasagne. We were joined by Dave and Caroline and also Marek’s dad who ad also been at the football. After a lovely dinner Marek’s dad gave us a lift home and I went to bed.

 

28th December – Went to the ashes again and England were eventually dismissed for 513 around lunch time. Australia had a target of 415 to make us bat again but due to a brilliant bowling display they ended the day on 169-6 wit their hopes of winning in tatters. When I got back to the hostel David was there waiting for me as we are going to a Pub quiz and I don’t know where the pub is. We came 2nd in the pub quiz so I was quite happy with that.


Please find my photo's here :

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5035332&l=e9219bcaec&id=286602040

About dan_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.