Existing Member?

Block Workout

Block Workout

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 4 September 2014 | Views [1270] | Scholarship Entry

Hello World Nomads,

Our film shares the story of us as two young travellers looking for a place to work out before embarking on a Eurotrip.

We asked people where to go for an ass whooping and heard of a place in Brixton called Block Workout. After some research we realized this was no ordinary gym.

It started with an ex-con named Tirrell who had just come out of prison and couldn’t afford to go to a gym. Instead, he worked out in parks and playgrounds on the bars. He suddenly captured the attention of people in the area and began to create a following. With a goal to help the youth of Brixton get off the streets and work toward something positive, he suddenly had a crowd to work out at the park with, and from there Block Workout was born.

We decided to go have a look as we saw it as an opportunity to make a great video for this competition and get a workout in at the same time!

About Us:

Dan Usher (filmmaker) is a Canadian, 22 year old aspiring travel filmmaker/cinematographer. There is nothing he enjoys more than listening to peoples stories and finding a way to bring them to life.

Nathan Buchan is a kiwi (New Zealand), 24 years old and is a passionate surfer. He does social media marketing online & has a real outgoing personality.

Winning this contest would be that chance and to be mentored from a seasoned travel filmmaker would be an invaluable experience.

We hope you enjoy our film as much as we did making it!

Adios,
Dan and Nate

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About dan_and_nate


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.