Existing Member?

Travel Scholarship Application

Seek Experiences - Damon & Jo on a Dime

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 12 October 2013 | Views [1382] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

We’re Damon and Jo, two broke 20-somethings who are changing the travel industry with a backpack, multiple languages under our belt, and only a few dollars to our name. We film a travel show called Damon & Jo on a Dime and have captured the hearts (and sponsorships) of many companies through our on-camera energy and off-camera business smarts.
Our business brains were put to work while we studied abroad in Paris. We wanted to see as much of Europe as possible, but with student loans, and financial hardships, we were a little discouraged. We spent hours googling the cheapest ways around Europe. When we began traveling, our friends would ask, "how can you afford to travel so much" and they'd say they "wish they had the money to do the same." We'd shake our heads like "what are you talking about?” Damon grew up in a trailer park in Indiana and Jo emigrated from Brazil at the age of five. Thus, we film videos to show people how they can travel cheaply.
Because of our backgrounds, we have work ethic and are low-maintenance. We’re DIY - we location scout, we’re on-camera, we edit, and we publicize.
We’re actively pursuing this as a career and it'd be invaluable to have this experience!

Tags: travel film scholarships 2013

Comments

1

Damian and Jo, u guys are awesome!!!! Du have other stuff? Send me a link!
Loved it!

  Mo Nov 20, 2013 4:51 PM

2

Hi guys! Hehe so I was swating a bug while holding my phone and I deleted ur email by accident...
I guess that's what I get... Haha anyways please resend, thanx!

  Mo Nov 21, 2013 4:26 AM

About damonandjo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.