Existing Member?

Dusshehra

Festival - Ravanleela: Chasing the evil man

INDIA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [1334] | Scholarship Entry

Ramayana as a story is an oral tradition in our country. Both of us heard the tale for the first time when we were barely a few years old. While growing up we attended Raamleela (enactment of Ramayan) and cheered as a part of crowd when the effigy of evil man Ravan was burned in full public glory.This film is perhaps an attempt to relive those childhood memories, and yet explore more by going behind the scene.

To start with, we’re focused on the Ravan making community but as we progressed with the shoot we moved to closer to the story itself. But, the real story is possibly our comment on the evil that remains.

Even though we’ve studied filmmaking, we could never take it up professionally.We see this opportunity to finally take the leap towards what might be our calling.

We want this travel scholarship because it would be a learning experience like no other! We truly believe that travelling is the best form of education. All we want is to sharpen our skills and get exposed to the sheer brilliance of the able mentors so that we can be true to the stories we tell.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About culturecrazy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.