Existing Member?

Dreams Are Not Always Meant For Sleeping

Distance Is Where The Passion Lies

SOUTH KOREA | Saturday, 19 April 2014 | Views [388] | Scholarship Entry

The further you go, the greater you see how life is more valuable than anything else. We all talk about family and friends but what about ourselves? When do we actually get the time to see who we really are and what our reason is before we leave the world.

When I was a child, grade 5 it was, I had the experience of a lifetime but I wanted to come back home. I went to South Korea where both my parents originated from. At first, I was very frightened about the long 17hr travel on a plane, in the air feeling nauseous and scared. I felt as if I was never going to make it there alive, imagining things that were out of the ordinary.

As I reached South Korea in Incheon, yet again it was a smaller plane and another flight in the air to my exact destination with my mother, sister and brother. Finally when we had reached Busan I was so amazed how the living life style was different. All land not like where I had lived in Canada, very different it was. I then began to walk around the area where my aunt and uncle had lived. I got to experience the different aspects of living as a child who grew up in the city from the country side. I learned how to farm with the elderly women and even plant seeds to help grow the vegetables.

What had surprised me the most was the air, being able to wake up early in the morning and breathe in clean air and not choke on dust. That's when i realized that I wanted to live in the country side as well, but being young and having so many dreams I grew out of the mind set as I had gotten older looking for more and more attractions then land.

After a week or so, we took another plane to Seoul, South Korea. The big city life here was amazing. My thoughts of clean air back to dusty air was forgotten because of the attractions. Like a child, my thoughts were all boggled as I didn't know what I loved the most.

Now, it seems that all I could talk about is the air and my crazy mind as a child about flights and where to live, but the nature of this travel was who I would become int he future. Travelling at a young was completely different from when I travelled as I had gotten older whether it be near or far. I felt that as I grew, it was the experience from different cultures that made me the person I am today. Travelling can be done at any age and we grow each day by learning and seeing something new.

The heart of life lies within the experience you have wherever you are but you should always do it for yourself and think of others after.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About chungmini


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.