Existing Member?

Salagasos

Case story

TURKEY | Friday, 2 May 2014 | Views [209] | Scholarship Entry

Our case study depends on the one of the biggest automobile producer of the world. A new off-road car was introduced with an event at the Spanish town Tarragona in 2002. In order to realise to this event, 150 people were transported form Germany to Spain by plane. Spanish workers were not exactly involved in the organization, they worked at non-qualified levels. Organization was totally realized by people who came from Germany. These people were mostly registered students at German universities. This helped very much to reduce the personal costs of event organization company. At the other hand, all the needs of workers were compensated without any hesitation. The writer of this essay was also part of this organization and worked at the customer relation office during the operations. This case example and comments are presented by also the help of personal views.
Hundreds of car sales representatives were daily transported by plane from Germany to Spain in order to show them the new car presentation. This brought negative impact on climate. Beside this, these people attended special introduction show at the same night which was organized at an old Spanish castle. Special effects and stage construction materials of this show was also brought from Germany.
Car representatives made test drive with new cars on Prynne Mountains at the next day. They leaved the country after 24 hours visit. Many cars were used and high level emissions were observed. These cars had mostly V-6 or V-8 engines and this was very remarkable. This car company wants to establish itself at the market as green car producer. But new car presentation event did not carry environmental standards and it has negative effects on the environment. This organization was cost nearly 5 million Euros. After 8 years time, there will be an attempt to ask the company about their event practices. Questions and answers about this event organization will give new idea about future event organizations.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About caretta


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.