Existing Member?

A Curl in the Row of Lines

Saudades do Brasil

BRAZIL | Thursday, 28 August 2014 | Views [269] | Scholarship Entry

I should be chosen for this project due to my travel experience and my filmmaking experience, which comes from my six months abroad in Brazil, and my university film training. Coming from Mexican and Puerto Rican heritage on my mother's side, the Day of the Dead has become a celebrated tradition in my family, one that I would be honored to document in Mexico. I have already documented a few of the traditions of the celebration in a short film created at my university (which can be found on my website), and would love to further my exhibition of this colorful event. My ambitions in filmmaking include producing for film and television, and in ensuring a diverse collection of cast, crew, and subject matter in upcoming projects. I would like to tell stories that will not be told by the current executives of Hollywood, and spread them globally for large audiences to enjoy. Winning would allow me to explore one of my favorite celebrations first hand, and document the event through the eyes of a culture that has been celebrating it for generations. Connecting to the roots of my heritage, working on this film will also give me experience in international co-productions and help me bridge the gap in the number of women and of people of color in the film industry. Ultimately, this project would have a personal, cultural, and professional impact on my life, and would be one that I would not only enjoy, but take on with great pride and respect.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About briedasilveira


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.