Existing Member?

Marathon Up A Volcano

Marathon Up A Volcano

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [1309] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

Hey World Nomads! Thanks for holding this competition, it’s been a blast making this vid for you. We’d love it if you could choose us as winners! Why, you ask? Because we live adventure every day! That sounds terribly like a cliche, but for us, it’s just ‘Tuesday’. We’ve been traveling the world since 2011, after deciding the world was too amazing to live in just one place.
(To that end, World Nomads has been our bestest travel friend, like that buddy who’s always cool to pick you up from the airport at 2am. Thanks guys!)

Until recently, we’ve funded our never-ending global adventure by working corporate jobs, but let's face it: no one enjoys the 9-to-5 grind. So we threw it in and launched a YouTube channel, based on Jayde’s presenting skills & Bec’s amateur background in shooting video. Not knowing anything about the world of YouTube didn’t hold us back- but winning this competition could mean the world to us, literally. Our channel has so far earned us $8.31 cents. We're working hard, but clearly have much to learn about capturing the beauty of new places, the emotions of the people, and the narrative of the journey.

We desperately want to make videos people love. Winning this competition would be a size 42 foot-in-the-door for us, but it will also be more than that. We hope it will mean our families & friends (both the ones we know & the one’s we’re still to meet) will have as much fun watching our videos as we have making them. (We also really love tacos!)

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

I loved making this video so much that I wrote a suuuuper long and exploratory blog post on the experience and my hard-learned lessons! This one's for the true fans (Hi mum and dad!) www.becsusangill.com/new-video-volcano-marathon/

  becsusangill Sep 19, 2014 1:27 AM

2

Great film. Will check out your blog for sure. Inspiring to find travel enthusiasts like yourselves who have been bouncing about the world for so long. Can only imagine the stories you have to tell.

  April Sep 21, 2014 10:21 AM

About becsusangill


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.