Existing Member?

a Personal Look at Ireland

A Personal Look at Ireland

IRELAND | Tuesday, 16 September 2014 | Views [504] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

My Name is Barry and I am a filmmaker from Ireland.

Ive been lucky enough to have the opportunity to film all over Ireland with different projects. I film everything from Short Films, to TV Pilots, as well as Weddings, Events and product demonstrations. If Its a video, I want to be part of it. I Mostly work as a DOP and Editor, but I also create Motion Graphics and titles, Colour Correct and work on VFX in programs like After Effects.

The video I am submitting was produced from mostly B-roll I filmed while traveling to and from locations here in Ireland, with the story filled in at the end. I am not really a presenter, but I stood in to make this piece, as it turned out to be quite personal. Making Films is important to me. I live for the moment of capturing something amazing and knowing from that exact moment that you captured something that may never be repeated. Being a part of something that unique is amazing to me.

Winning this competition would be a dream come true for me, To experience the atmosphere and colour of an event like The Day of the Dead would be unforgettable, and having the opportunity to capture it on film would be amazing. After looking at his website, to work under Brian Rapsey would be amazing, He has captured and put together some amazing footage and to learn from such a talented DOP and Director would make my films 100 times better.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, watch the video and for the opportunity to apply!

All the Best,
Barry

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

your film makes me want to explore Ireland.

  apriljoy Sep 17, 2014 6:54 AM

2

Thanks Apriljoy! You are more than welcome! We are always willing to have a few more people over to visit! ;)

  barryfahy Sep 17, 2014 7:22 AM

About barryfahy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.