Existing Member?

Ankylosing Spondylitis

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 30 July 2010 | Views [2142] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

What inspired me to create my documentary was that I wanted people to become aware of the arthritis condition, Ankylosing Spondylitis. I felt it was best to show that there is always a possibility to live a positive and proactive life whilst battling with the condition. My brother is my inspiration and I felt that his story needed to be told to the world. 

I planned my piece in quite a rushed manner. I was traveling with my family in New Zealand and wrote the basic outline of the documentary on the plane ride over. During my time there I would study my brother and decipher what questions would need to be asked.

Each day my camera would get very cold up on top of the mountain and at times create condensation on the lens. It was difficult to set up a quiet interview, due to the fact that our hostel was very noisy.

My ambition as a documentary filmmaker is to create documentaries that help and inspire people to lead a more positive and happy life. I aim to create visually attractive films whilst delivering a relatable story. I desire my films to touch a place in everybody's hearts.  

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

Comments

1

good piece, Alice. keep shooting.
d

  worldturner Aug 16, 2010 7:58 PM

About aliceholden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.