Existing Member?

Jono & Adamo

Festival - Deepavali in Singapore

SINGAPORE | Tuesday, 5 November 2013 | Views [1024] | Scholarship Entry

We knew very little about Deepavali, the most important festival celebrated by the minority Indian Hindus in Singapore. We were very embarrassed about our ignorance, but this inspired us to make a film about Deepavali, going in with the fresh perspective of an "outsider". With this film, we hope to show people that they don't have to travel very far to learn about new cultures.

Filmmaking experience

Adam: Recent film studies graduate. Screenwriter for thesis film. Made short films for class assignments and competitions.

Jon: Producer for thesis film. Served as crew and extra on various projects.

Ambition

Adam: To make documentaries about unknown societies, strange cultures, and fascinating people. To constantly tell new, original and intriguing stories. With this scholarship, I will polish my technical skills and learn to craft more attractive stories from Brian Rapsey.

Jon: Despite being in a desk-bound job, the ultimate career would be travelling the world and being a presenter, showcasing wondrous people, cultures and places. Winning this scholarship will expand my horizon, but more so, it will inject a sense of culture and adventure that I have always dreamed of.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About adamosman


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.