Existing Member?

Anna's Amazing Adventures

2 week notice

USA | Friday, 14 November 2014 | Views [581]

Since roughly day 35, I've been keeping a countdown of days until the big trip. Today, I hit a big number and then straight up panicked while at work. 14 days. That's two weeks. That's 336 hours until I'll be on a plane heading towards the west coast and then across the Pacific. I can't believe I've hit the two week mark and it seems a lot closer than 14 days. I'm going out of town this weekend for Betty's birthday, so next weekend is going to be a cluster**** of organizing, packing, and trying to remember if I bought everything I needed. Thank god for Amazon Prime and 2-day shipping; it's been a lifesaver. I started making a list of all the things I want to bring, researching wineries in NZ and Australia and I finally booked my scuba & zip lining trips....yay adventures! I've still got a few more tours to scope out and book, but I'm pretty dang close to being done. I think that this point, I need to step back and let the chips fall as they may. I've planned an incredible trip, now it's time to pack, fly there and enjoy it. I'm excited to see 2 years worth of planning come to fruition.  Until then, I'm going to watch some TV, working on packing list, and think about all the stuffing and pecan pie I'm going to eat before I spend 24+ hours in airports and planes.

 

#AnnasAustralianAdventure

Tags: australia, new zealand, solo travel

About aamato20

Volunteering at Lollapalooza in Chicago, IL

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.