Existing Member?

Ask a Nomad - The Best iPad Travel App

Ask a Nomad - We're LIVE! (Thanks Apple)

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 4 July 2011 | Views [84544]

I have always maintained that everyone at World Nomads are creative and passionate travelers who just happen to work for a company whose bills get paid from travel insurance. 

You probably know about all the fun things we already do such Travel Scholarships, Van-tastic Adventures, safety alerts, Footprints, language guides, and  travel blogs.  You may even have thought “How can World Nomads top that?” 

Well, we have! This time the creative juices have resulted in Ask A Nomad - a travel knowledge sharing tool for the magical iPad!

Get your travel questions answered by travellers and locals who know.

Whether you want to find out about surfing in Bali, or help others with your knowledge of fine dining in New York, Ask a Nomad connects those with a passion for travel so they can share their expertise.

Research a destination before you go, or use the "Nearby" feature to find out what's interesting once you're there.

While on the road, Ask a Nomad will carry your travel questions & answers with you, even when offline. Any questions you ask will be sent out the next time you have a connection. 

And the best bit?

It’s completely FREE! So download it today and let us know what you think!
Happy travelling!


★★★ Features ★★★


Got a question?

- Ask your own travel questions - quickly and easily

- Get fresh answers from real travellers and locals who know

- Real-time notifications when someone writes an answer


Researching your trip?

- Browse thousands of questions already answered

- Search for information by destination, topic or people

- All content is Geo-tagged with a city, region and country - so you can pinpoint and search for answers in specific locations.

- Browse everything! Only set up an account to post something or create a list of favorites

- In-app web browser allows you to view web links without leaving the app


Take it on the road with you!

- Find info about places nearby, based on your GPS location.

- Ask a question even when you are offline on that bumpy bus trip - it uploads next time you have a connection

- Your own questions, answers and favorites list are ALWAYS available, even without internet access - just like your own personal guidebook.

- In case you're not traveling with your iPad, you can still access all your Q&A online at answers.worldnomads.com


Just come home from a trip?

- Share your own travel knowledge and help other travelers… go on, it's good karma

About WorldNomads.com

WorldNomads.com keeps you travelling safely.  Whether you’re off for a long weekend, looking for the ultimate adventure or living the nomadic dream, you’ll stay safe with Travel Insurance you can buy online, anytime, and the latest travel safety advice. Learn how to flirt in over 25 languages with our free language guides and have an experience of a lifetime on a travel scholarship. We'll also help you share your journey with a free travel blog, get answers from other nomads to all of your travel questions (try the new 'Ask A Nomad' iPad app) and donate to a local community development project through our Footprints program.  

WorldNomads.com - an essential part of every adventurous traveller's journey.


Tags: best ipad travel app, ipad, ipad, sharing, social media, travel, travel knowledge, travel tools, world nomads

About Ask-a-Nomad

Ask-a-Nomad

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.