Existing Member?

Travels

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

SERBIA | Saturday, 31 July 2010 | Views [1700] | Scholarship Entry

This documentary is a product of an exam. The primal idea was conceived in a classroom, with every segment of its technical realization planned and organized, but at the shooting spot it had to be completely changed and adapted to the new circumstances, because the protagonists just were not there that day.

We overcome that problem, but the biggest challenge and difficult was to cope up with the antagonism of the residents towards us and to gain their trust, and then to use the distrust for the story.

I’m a filmmaker and I’m very ambitious about this your project. As a student of Comparative Literature, I’m interested in universal concepts of cosmogony and in attitudes of traditional and modern societies towards each other, influenced a bit with Shakespearian notion of continuous reinventing of “new world”. Using this excellent scholarship I would try to make a documentary about the transformation of sacral places into tourist attractions, stressing the evolution from places with ritual function in pre-Christian period over pilgrimages to global commercialization of them in present – with Sustainable Tourism as a potential revolution in the industry.

And I’m also very anxious to let serendipity telling an intimate story of Amazonia.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About 3daniel


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Serbia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.