Existing Member?

story about food

My Scholarship entry - Understanding a Culture through Food

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 25 March 2012 | Views [152] | Scholarship Entry

Traditional food is part of culture which can make a culture different with the other one. Everybody love food, and Southeast Asia is the best place to find delicious food for every different culture they have. Durian, rendang, nasi goreng, bakmi, and many more, should we try to know they culture like why they used special ingredient for their food, what is the special ingredient, and how they make an unusual food. Do travel to explore the beauty of Asia and their nice food is like "travel to little heaven" experience. Southeast Asia food indentic with spicy and strong spices, for example is rendang, rendang is meat cooked with lot of spices for more 5 hours and has a spicy taste, FYI rendang's one of my favourite food from Indonesia. Had you have try to enjoy it? i recommended you to try the original rendang from Sumatera Barat, Indonesia, and i bet you will love it.

Don't forget to try delicious fruit from malaysia, durian! Some people may hate this fruit because this fruit has a strong odour and there is sharp thorns which covered this fruit. But believe me, this fruit absolutely delicious and makes me want to eat again and again.

The text above is only few story of Southeast Asia famous food. Actually they have lot of nice and "should to try" food to make you understand that Asia has a good food too, they didn't use cheese, oregano, or wine, because that is their culture, and they could use what they have perfectly

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About ykzir


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.