Existing Member?

Rob's Journeys Misadventures in Africa, Europe and Asia.

South Africa

SOUTH AFRICA | Sunday, 26 November 2006 | Views [518] | Comments [1]

Our first port of call was South Africa.  For the first time in living memory I enjoyed a flight, as I sat next to someone who I talked music with all the way to Perth.  The Perth-Johannesburg leg was, by contrast, incredibly boring.

We eventually arrived in Johannesburg and didn't particularly feel like being murdered that night, so stayed in a cheap and nasty Formule 1 hotel near the airport.  The view of the city from around there was amazing though - it sits high up on a hill and at dusk had a red glow behind it.  Quite spectacular really - almost as spectacular as the herd of Wildebeest that rampaged through the car park.  Is 'herd' the correct collective noun?  It could be an 'asparagus' of wildebeest for all I know.

In the morning, after being mugged 14 times in half an hour, it was time leave our hotel for the flight to Cape Town.  Cape Town's a marvellous place, one that's more European than African really.  We stayed with one of my cousins and her family for about five days, and saw most of the city and some surrounding areas.  Unfortunately Wenny developed an addiction for biltong (spiced dried meat), so we spent half our time in southern Africa thereafter trying to get her a fix.  I tried to stop her breaking into houses to steal TVs, I really did.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

Comments

1

Hey mate, I am impressed! I didn't realise that you had ended up using the site!!!

  aptyson May 25, 2008 12:19 AM

About winmar


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.