Existing Member?

Graham Williams & Louise Jones Travel Blog This is our journal logging our trip through Central and Latin America from July 2005 to the present date. We update it and add new pictures every two to three weeks. At the moment Will is travelling in South Africa, while Lou is living in Buenos Aires.For more background reading on our travels go to - http://journals.worldnomads.com/will/

Panama

PANAMA | Saturday, 17 December 2005 | Views [1350] | Comments [3]

For the past few weeks we have been travelling around Panama. We first went to the mountain town of Boquete, which is famous for its coffee and good climate, so good its being colonized by American retirees. Close by is Panamas only volcano, now extinct, which is covered with a cloud forest. We went trekking here, its a wonderful place with rushing streams and lots of exotic birds. After Boquete we have spent most of our time around the capital Panama City. It reminds us very much of Hong Kong, skyscrapers, lots of banks and wild country just a short distance away. Of course there is also the Canal, which really is an exceptional sight. Imagine a lock on a canal in the UK, increase the size a hundred fold, stick two container ships in it, and you sort of get the picture. Around the canal is more wild jungle including Pipeline Road, one of the best places on earth to watch birds, which is only a twenty minute bus ride from the center of the city. At the moment we are in Bocas del Torro, an island on the countrys northern coast. This is typical Caribbean island stuff, golden beaches, blue skies and palm trees. We are now traveling with Louises sister Anita, who has flow out to join us for Christmas.  

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Hi, sorry to approach you out of the blue, but I was just reading your travel blog as I'm heading panama way from guatemala in a few weeks.

I was wondering if you could give me any idea of how expensive it is. I am travelling on a student budget and all I have read so far paints it as very expensive

How did you find it? And even if it is expensive, is it still worth the visit

Yours
Ben

  ben lowdon Feb 7, 2007 8:28 AM

2

Tem um Blog interessante....
Hoje em dia a transmissão de conhecimentos e de opiniões através da blogosfera é algo que os poderes instituídos jamais conseguirão controlar.
Pode ler Manuel Bancaleiro - Algumas Verdades em:

http://manuel-bancaleiro.blogspot.com

Manuel Bancaleiro

  Manuel Bancaleiro Feb 12, 2007 4:41 AM

3

Did you folks ever come back to Panama?

The city has come to look more like Hong Kong but places like pipeline road are still there as are the birds.

  Panama Real Estate Jun 30, 2009 10:23 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.