Existing Member?

NileCreator

New England

USA | Wednesday, 20 May 2015 | Views [85] | Scholarship Entry

This was the first time that I visit the UK. But, one evening, I had a passion for the bus number 73 written on it "Victoria Square”, but Why do not I go to the end, to Victoria Square? Why should I leave the bus every time at Oxford Circus station?
I wandered under the heavy rain, hail and resisted London, until I found a Victorian-style cafe, and this really what I'm looking for. In the cafe wondrous warmth, and the trappings of beautiful Victorian era, and surprise: Cafe elderly, I was the only young man, though, that I am over fifty years, but the others were over seventy.
I did not find a place to sit. Chinese waitress said: Can you stand for half an hour?, When it stops raining some customers will go out, what do you drink?
I asked for a beer of her choice, and also asked her how the iPhone can be charged in this cafe?
Couples were sitting behind me in the eighty like two birds on their honeymoon. The woman said to me: There is a seat became free, quickly, young man.
I brought the seat and sat down for a period of minutes but entered the café man, woman, elderly, looking for a seat I took from the table, I got up from where I am and I said to them: This seat belongs to this table, please take it ma'am.
The woman sitting behind me said: It is your chair; you are standing an hour ago on your feet.
I said to her: I can, but there are older people in need of a seat, more than me.
But she said your accent is not a British, from what country you are? I said: From Egypt.
She said: You are courteous; Egypt is a country of civilization, and not strange to be civilized, young man. A time we spent in talking, and her husband was sharing the conversation too.
We have to go. She said. Then you will have two seats instead of one seat.
We laughed I gave Ms. Weekly souvenir from Egypt consists of a key series by the head of Nefertiti.
At a glance of emotional moment, Ms. Weekly and her husband in the middle of the cafe stood up and said loudly, so everyone can hear:
We have a young Egyptian civilized, granting the seat to strangers, I gave emotion to strangers in this cafe, and before I leave I want to thank the young man.
She pointed her hand in towards me; I sank into humility, applause and smiled, while the customers of cafe of Victoria Square would not become strangers at all.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About tarekhassan


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.