Existing Member?

More to Explore

Catching a Moment - A Ding-ding Living Experience to Remember

CAMBODIA | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [408] | Scholarship Entry

I was on a two-day trip to Kompong Som, Sihanouk Ville, Cambodia with some classmates in early July. The time was 6 a.m and the sun was raising itself high in the sky, splashing out its light to warm the Phnom Penh morning. I had, politely and son-ly, my father to drive me to the bus station near Oruessey Market, a local renowned market in Phnom Penh. After several traffic stops, we reached the station. I almost forgot my thought that the traffic in Phnom Penh was swinging freely in the early morning in Phnom Penh when I saw three friends were standing at a corner; Chanrun, Kimeng, Pheaktra were waiting for others to arrive; thank Buddha, I was the fourth to arrive and another wait-er. Then, I waved and their sight caught me and our hand met from distance. I walked to them and we greeted, friendlily. Everyone was on their I-am-holiday dress: jeans, shirt, cap, hat, shoes, knee-length short and backpacks and bags. While we were waiting for other to come, we fun-talked a bit and took some pre-departure photo. And, from the photo, I couldn’t a fact that I looked cool with a T-shirt loosely tucked in a knee-length short along with a white pair of sneakers. One by one, they arrived—with their respective on-trip outfits and stuffs. While waiting for the bus to come, we small-talked and took some photos.
The bus left for KPS at 7 am something and the breezy and clear-sky morning was so understandingly inviting. On the bus, we chit-chatted on this and that, watched the comedy played on the screen, and shared some snacks and enjoyed the views along the road; especially the natural farm and mountain.
What a eye-consoling view. Sitting next to Kimeng, a self-called philosopher, I shared respective perspectives on a happy and successful life and briefed of what we were gonna do in the future—study, business, health and so on. What was happy was that I shot too many pictures on the bus, teased about the trips, and, especially, laughed a lot. Several friends, though, slept to save some energy during the bus. The bus reached the land of the memorizing sea at around 12 in the midday. We, then, hired a tuk-tuk to the guesthouse. We all laughed, with fun and wildness, at the fact that we rode on the same tuk-tuk—9 people in a tuk-tuk; LOL!
Oh, my! There, the sea, the tides, the waves and the breeze! Several minutes after the lunch,which included various fabulous sea food, we went for the beach-play. We, hopped, played and shot, wildly, for photos and my friends were

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About sovisoth


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.