Existing Member?

IN BETWEEN JOBS BLOG

Puerto Rico

PUERTO RICO | Saturday, 10 May 2008 | Views [413]

Chris and I visited Puerto Rico for a friend’s wedding.. It is an interesting destination with diverse surroundings. We flew into San Juan and although we were still in the “US” it could have been mistaken for Mexico- but hey so could parts of Los Angeles. We stayed in La Condado which is a mix of very high end hotels/shopping with torn down buildings and a ghost town feel during the day. Everyone comes out at night. We spent 2 nights at the San Juan Hotel and Casino, getting lucky at the Black Jack table (I actually won!) We enjoyed the wedding. Olivia and Ian had a beautiful reception with great food, friends, and dancing. We explored old town San Juan. It is amazing to see the old fortresses that are centuries old. The last day we spent time relaxing on the beach.. The weather hot and the water crystal blue. A 7 hour lay over in Atlanta was put to good use by visiting the Atlanta Aquarium.. (apparently the world’s largest aquarium) .. the Shark exhibit was my favorite! Overall we had a great time! This trip was a great precursor for my month long trek through SE Asia…

About slosman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Puerto Rico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.