Existing Member?

around the world in 70days

Turkey

TURKEY | Monday, 9 February 2009 | Views [1700]

turkish lamps at the Grand Bazaar

turkish lamps at the Grand Bazaar

Our apologies for the long delay.  Our time has been consumed with poor weather, delayed-canceled flights and the infamous 'run around'.  Nonetheless, we are enjoying our time and love looking back on where we've been.  Turkey was an amazing country with a culture steeped in history but on the verge of a European life style.  It reminds us of Prague back in the 90's where the old world and the new clash.  We were amazed at how easy it was navigate and how eager people were to assist tourists.  Although one would swear they were in a European country, there is this nagging feeling telling us we are far from Europe.  Istanbul, a city that literally stradles two continents (Europe and Asia) was an easy transition from Cairo.  We were able to arrange travel to central Turkey which took us to some famous sights with breathtaking vistas and scenery.  Ephesus, Pamukkale and Cappadocia were great destinations each with a distinct character.  We wish we had more time to travel through Turkey and soak up more of its culture.  Its been a pleasure visiting such a wonderful place and we hope to be back very soon.

 

About seanandkate


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.