Existing Member?

In search of ... "birds flying high you know how I feel, sun in the sky you know how I feel, breeze drifting on by you know how i feel, its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me.....and I'm feelin good ..." just call me Ella!

Cambodia

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 8 July 2008 | Views [420]

Firstly, I gave myself 6 weeks to do, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand which in hindsight was a tad ambitious! Hence having spent most of that time in Vietnam, Cambodia became bit of a flying visit. But it is definitely a place I will return to and explore more. Siem Reap was the only place we explored, with Angkor Wat being number one on the list of things to see. However before i go any further one of the highlights had to be the hotel we stayed, Green Village Palace (its not very green or a palace)but comfortable accommodation and friendly people.....the highlight tho was the neighbours....crocodiles..not just one or two but loads of them right next door and with a great view of them from our window...great entertainment!

Anyway on to Angkor Wat & Angkor Thom, I had a bright idea that instead of the usual tourist trail by tuktuk we should hire some bikes and cycle around the ruins. All seemed well until these two bike arrived at the hotel for us...they where electric, you still pedal but they have a battery as well if you want to go quicker. It was hilarious, you're not quite a cyclist and not quite a biker...in fact you're just a stupid traveller riding these damn heavy bikes that are extremely hard work...esp when the battery runs out and you don't realise there was a recharging place on route!!...Doh...very hot hard work but the best laugh! The ruins are amazing and was worth every effort to see them, best advice get their early to miss crowds. 

Unfortunately i didn't get to explore Cambodia more, but the locals were so friendly and the country so beautiful i highly recommend it.   

 

About sarah_freedom


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.