Existing Member?

Mishna 'Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves' Henry David Thoreau

Vietnam

VIETNAM | Monday, 8 October 2007 | Views [619] | Comments [3]

The rest of Vietnam really wasn't that bad. We travelled north through Na Trang, Hoi An, Hue and then Hanoi. The further north we got the more I liked the places.

Randomly in Hoi An I ran into a friend, I knew he was travelling south at the same time but I really didn't expect us to cross paths purely by accident on the same day, at the same place and time!!!! very odd!!! It pissed it down for the entire day so it was nice to meet with them later on, catch up and have a few drinks. Hoi An is beautiful during the day but by 10:30pm everything closes and the area becomes a ghost town!!!

I think my favourite place was Hanoi (only the old quarter), we made friends with a Swedish guy (Bjorn) off our overnight bus and seemed to run into him every day! Right where we were staying there's a cross roads with street bars on it. You literally sit on tiny plastic chairs in the street and they pour you 2000D beers from a chilled keg!!! So good!!! I even had a kebab from over the road (never having tasted one before I thought it was pretty good!!) More traditionally we also went to a water puppet show which was good, the puppeteers stand waist high in the water and they have traditional Vietnamese music playing.

After 2 overnight bus journeys and a lot of country covered, we're next moving onto Laos! The journey itself can take between 18 and 24 hours, noone is really sure!

Tags: on the road

Comments

1

I don't know how you survived a 20 hour bus journey! I hope the place was worth it in the end. Lots of love, Mumxy xxxxx

  Mum Oct 12, 2007 1:26 AM

2

sounds like you're having a really fab time!i'm really enjoying your updates!!looking forward to the next ne already!!!gem xxxxx

  Gem Oct 15, 2007 6:06 AM

3

hi its just to let you know that here in newbiggin hall we are all enjoying you trip with you. Sounds like its great fun while we are still working away. keep updating it gives us something to do.

  lesa percival Oct 25, 2007 12:00 AM

About ruudee81


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.