Existing Member?

Travel Trooper

Thailand

THAILAND | Monday, 28 April 2014 | Views [151] | Scholarship Entry

Thailand, for the first time...one is sure to fall in love. Due to residing in South Africa and never having been overseas before, finding out i was going on a family vacation to Thailand, The country of smiles, i was over the moon. Due to it being my first time, i was anxious, yet full of excitement. Leaving my African country to arrive in South East Asia, it was a slight culture shock, but one i was so grateful and willing t embrace. Throughout my ten days in beautiful Phuket and its capital Bangkok, i have never felt such a strong bond between people, there culture and friendliness amongst the tourists and one another. The amazing shopping where everything and anything can be found, to the sandy whit beaches where you feel like you are in paradise, as well as the delectable Thai cusine to name but a few, Thailand is definitely a country one has to see. The country, its people and its rich culture and history made for an unforgettable trip and learning experience!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About roxi


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.