Existing Member?

Solo Female Around The World

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 25 March 2012 | Views [151] | Scholarship Entry

You know Egypt is not rich country so actually people who have a chance to travel abroad aren't many,here you can hardly earn money for living,I travelled many times around Egypt and have been to Luxor and Aswan many times alone and with foreign friends,i used to go there once ot twice yearly after my graduation,my dream was not to marry as soon as i graduate like most girls but I always was dreaming of having different adventurous life.My big challenge was that I travel abroad alone since I am living in conservative community so trying to find a female friend to travel with me was nearly impossible,it was a great challege since community here doesnt respect and never try to understand the female who travels alone and see the strong or the independant female weird and abnormal,I didnt care about all that and i kept dreaming and working hard and save money till i could make enough money to travel overseas and my big dream country was India.I applied for the visa and I got it,now getting ready to fly to India next week.It will be my first time overseas and I plan to stay there one and half month,i will participare in volunteer program while travelling thats why I am staying longer time,i plan to visit Mumbai,Ahmadabad,Udaipur,Jaipur,Delhi,Lucknow,I am travelling by myself not with tour company and I believe I can do it and depend mainly on myself and my guidebook.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About rosetta


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.