Existing Member?

Thoughtful Travel Diaries - Beyond Straight Jacket

The Desert of Middle Earth and Singularity

MONGOLIA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [133] | Scholarship Entry

I firmly believed that travelers are indeed different breed of people altogether and they are genuinely ahead of the curve from mainstream human population. Why I believe this verdict because the elemental makeup of a traveler’s heart, mind and spirit is always raw, thoughtful and ready. They seek constant opportunities to expand the limits of their soul with travel related experiences. They observe, reflect and internalize the moments with in them, when they are traveling. They experience different feelings as they stand before the Machu Pichu or Rome’s eternal ruins, but some strands link them and their power to inspire. Sometimes we can look and know. Sometimes we simply recognize a place for what it is and what it means to us specifically to our very own sub-conscious quench. For me there is a place called as The Gobi Desert of Mongolia – one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Located in the middle Earth, The Gobi Desert one of the most stunning and greatest desert landscape in the world. The Gobi is a desert like none other. Flat arid plains stretch for thousands of miles interrupted by the occasional lone ger (authentic Mongolian nomadic tent/camps) or herd of goats, camel, or sheep. Kites circle overhead in the cloudless blue sky and the sun beats down relentlessly on all. The Gobi Desert is the least populated area of Mongolia and despite its arid climate it supports a diverse array of bird and animal life including the legendary snow leopard, the Gobi bear and the wild mountain sheep. The harsh environment has produced a most resilient and remarkable people I have ever come across.I had an amazing lifetime opportunity travel across Mongolia with a bunch of seasoned and thoughtful travelers in a UZ-452 Russian Van also known as Bukhankha (means loaf of bread). The Van was last designed in 1965 and yet it is the most effective 4X4 vehicle in demanding off-road Mongolian terrain. We travelled more than 2500 miles across Mongolia and witnessed some extraordinary landscapes, which superseded our imagination. Living on four wheels, camping on ger camps, meadows, deserts and empty spaces with billions of stars and the Milky Way to keep me company. My spine shivered and my skin turned into goosebumps because I felt singularity within me every night when I was in Gobi Desert.It has given me a moment of your lifetime, there's no beginning and no end. When you go to that place, there's no time, and there's definitely no thought. It's just pure.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About ritwajit


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mongolia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.