Existing Member?

Real Dreams

The city I fell in love with

USA | Sunday, 11 May 2014 | Views [93] | Scholarship Entry

A lot of pictures of the various world corners around my room always remind me about my dream and give inspiration to move...
I'd always wanted to visit countries abroad, see new beautiful places and do what usual people don't. And it was that long-desired moment. I was 6771 miles, almost 36 hours and 2 cities away from the city I was eager to go to... The first take off, the first view from the plane's window, the frirst rise above the clouds... Amazing, unbelieveble, exciting...
And after such a long path my foot steped on the land of the most diverse city! The very next day I went to see the sights. The first thing I noticed and impressed me that city was full of people but still there was no rush. Of course, everybody was busy with own business but no agression, no nervousness was captured.
It was my first walk along the streets of the city of San Francisco. There were many sounds from different sides: I could hear the flower salesman describing the wonderful smell of blossing gerberas; the businessman talking on the phone about coming meeting; the beat of cans on which street musisian was playing; the ring of going F-train. It was Market Street!
My destination was the popular Golden Gate bridge! I got on bus and was on my way to the fairy place. It was hard for me to sit on one place. I was looking around to see the bridge as soon as possible. the bus stopped and I got off. Saying that it was amazing is saying nothing. There it was. Huge, red, full of cars, sinking in the clouds, dreamy Golden Gate Bridge in all its beauty. I was speechless and impressed. I saw this landscape only on pictures before and now it was real in front of my eyes. Overwhelming feeling...
Renting the bike I started my way along the Bridge. The sun was up and it's rays penetrated through bridge center line. the wind was cold and strong but it just added the excitement and the feeling of movement. I knew there was deep and cold water under the "road" I was riding on... The first time I felt absolute freedom, happiness and realization that the biggest of my dreams came true.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About realdreams


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.