Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

08/08/2013 Kununurra

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 8 August 2013 | Views [396]

Although still enjoyable, our 25km paddling on day 3 was harder going as the river was wider, not flowing as fast and there wasnt much breeze. It was quite hot too and it was harder to find anywhere to stop as the banks were lined with reeds but we did manage a toilet stop at one of the small irrigation pumping stations and decided it was as good a place as any for lunch. We paddled in the shade where possible and played every guessing game we could to get through, joking about Macka having to wear a suit of armor when he picked people up after the 3rd day in case they felt they had insufficient warning. In all fairness though he had mentioned several times that we could pay an extra $20 to get picked up along the way on day 3 and now we understood why. Still, for two quite determined people, getting picked up early was not an option. Freda's requirement to drive the 1000km to Broome by the following evening kept our foot on the pedal.

We were glad to reach Lily Creek Lagoon after about 6 hours and Mike met us at the boat ramp with the trailer. Then we headed back to the YHA for a shower before Freda hit the road for Broome and on to resume work at Port Hedland. I checked into a long term room. 

Tags: kimberley, kununurra, western australia

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.