Existing Member?

The Road That Face Adversity

The Road of life

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 17 April 2014 | Views [142] | Scholarship Entry

My years at high school shapes me into the individual I wanted to be. At the start I was no one but a 13 year old in a neat and tidy uniform that was too neat. “Turd” is what the older years called the first years. I was sad lonely girl who dreams big . Learned to work alone and it was great. I felt as if I didn’t fit in anywhere, so when I tried it look like I was trying hard.To add salt to the wound, a couple days before April fools, I broke my collar bone. I went back to school on April fools. Everyone seem imagine I was joking trying to fit in, I was hurt and the shoved me around and I was out for longer. Then my biggest hill came. Dyslexia. People found out and it paint a big bull's eye on my back and I felt isolated.
Maggui was my first high school friend she was Spanish and she was an adventures person. I wanted to be like her. She told me “life isn’t worth fearing, because there lots of people in the world. And your just in one town your be surprises in what your find. So relax” She wasn’t lying, I got the chances to go up to the north island of New Zealand and I found out there was friendly people and we became good friends and still in contact.
I remember one dream that got me threw that year. I was in ancient Rome experiencing the seen, the sun beating down on me, the beautiful cost. Pompeii calling my name and the air saying come to me. I felt like the warrior of my dreams, I was free and I could do anything.
this attraction grew bigger it felt like the forbid love that might never occur. Rome felt like a dream that was too far away to touch. That my life need Rome now. Now it was Rome calling my name.
Soon enough I found myself going to the bottom of New Zealand I encounters the rolling ‘R’. The southern hospitality of New Zealand kicked in. Nothing was different. the beaches where grey and you couldn’t swim in them, but the beauty of them was, the untamed nature of the wild spook art. The sound of the crushing waves. The raw of the sea, the howl it made wanted more. And the stones of the beach where an amazing and I picked up some really green stones.
You need to be neck deep in a culture and enjoy every minute of it. One thing I learned I can achieve any think, no is a limitation, two the worlds what you make of it, there are other places, other cultures and you’re not lone and It’s also better when you know more. One a plane ones. Lots of car trips, and a train ride. Makes me wanted more.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About nightstar


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.