Existing Member?

On my way to Australia! Hopefully this little journal will help me describe where I am and what I'm doing while out in the big wide world.

Costa Rica

COSTA RICA | Saturday, 7 July 2007 | Views [644] | Comments [2]

Dawna trying to get the drivers attention after we crossed into Costa Rica or she´s pole dancing not sure!

Dawna trying to get the drivers attention after we crossed into Costa Rica or she´s pole dancing not sure!

Hi all, now in Costa Rica. We crossed the border from Nicaragua through a small door where we had to pay a dollar, this was the local tax to get to the immigration office! We then had to line up and wait for hours at both the Nicaraguan exit and the Costa Rican entrance. Thankfully once there it all went smoothly. Private transport to Monteverde. This is in the mountains and the adventure capital of Costa Rica, lots of companies offering; horseback riding, canopy tours, zip lining white water rafting and all sorts of other crazy adventure tours. Which of course I didn´t do!!  I did get on a horse though, they are great horses as they follow the same path twice a day and will only go fast if you give them a big nudge! We went to group dinner here and then decided to make a night of it. Rob, Jorge and myself paid 3000colones (3 pounds) to get into the local night club and  the drinks were very cheap.(90p a bottle) The rest of the group decided that they couldn´t (wouldn´t) pay the cover charge. The night club was very funny .... it felt like being at a disco at a wedding! Lots of really good salsa dancing going on, decided not to show them up and stayed drinking instead!! We then went to La Fortuna the next day.....slight headache, again another adventure place with the above and much more. Bungy jumping, hot springs, waterfall climbing etc yep didn`t do any of them I`m turning into the lazy tart I`ve always wanted to be!!

Tags: Party time

 

Comments

1

i would definately recommend being a lady of leisure!

climbed the volcano yesterday! awesome!

  liz Jul 13, 2007 4:03 AM

2

Thoughts of my wedding day come flooding back, you being flung around the dance floor by dave! I don't actually remember a wedding which didn't involve you on the dance floor usually it was with the father of the bride!!
Julie's wedding won't be the same without Moley after a few bottles!

  kerry Jul 15, 2007 6:47 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.