Existing Member?

Andy & Anita's adventures

Singapore

SINGAPORE | Thursday, 11 December 2008 | Views [132]





We have been in Singapore for the last 3 days and there is one word that could sum up the place perfectly.... actually is it more of a sound - "KaChing!" I think it would have been for more efficient (and less painful) to simply take a step across the border, tip out the contents of our wallets and be on our way!

Ahh well, that is the price of travelling I suppose. We have been busy. After arriving on the train we went to Sentosa Island and checked out the views, went on the gondala's, went luge-ing, chairlift-ing and did various other tourist pursuits. The next day we wandered Orchard Road (our hotel is right there) and cruised around on the very efficient metro system. We also met up with a friend we met in Tassie and he took us out to Clarke Quay for a night of heavy drinking. I love the responsible service of Alcohol... we had 4 or 5 700ml bottles of hard spirits on the table at once to keep us going!!

Anyway... a 5am departure from the club pretty much destroyed any plans of doing anything productive today so we have wandered, sat around and basically felt a bit sorry for ourselves! We did go to Equinox (the tallest tower in Singapore) where there is a 'one drink minimum' to view so we got 2 orange juices and a small bowl of wedges to share... for $47! Yea, we felt pretty ripped off, and the service was crap too!

So our thoughts on Singapore?? Probably wouldn't come back. I would hate to live here in such a shallow concrete jungle and it is a perfect example of money not being able to buy you happiness, but I am glad we have seen it. I think it is also starting to sink in that we are not coming home too which is a little scary!

We are off to catch the train back to KL now so see you later!

 

About miss_nita


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.