Existing Member?

Maz's Adventures My experiences of South America, New Zealand, Australia, South East Asia and China.

Peru

PERU | Friday, 2 June 2006 | Views [956] | Comments [1]

Fanny!

Fanny!

My MY where does one start...........

Its been 3 and a bit weeks now that ive been procrastinating on this journal. Now i could bore you to death with every last detail  and i may but i may also just give you snippets.

3 weeks, oh my whats happened, where have i been i hear you cry......................

Well its a little like this.....Peru is amazing, its the most ecologically diverse country ive been to in my life. Its awesome. So far ive been to 4200m Mountains,  low land jungles, arrid deserts, altiplano planes, citys and im still here exploring more. Ive witnessed wealth and poverty, there seems to be no inbetween. The people are stealth, especially the people living out in the mountains. All the elements thrown at them, no roads just dirt tracks and donkeys to bring in the goods. Farming the lands, on terraces, scorched at day and frozen at night.Everybody works, if you dont you die. Its quite sad it times too. The kids in Cusco selling finger puppets, postcards and paintings. But they are cherpy little sods asking "why you dont want finger puppets",with the biggest brown eyes, and your reply is, "i have ten alread,one for each finger", and their reply is "buy ten  more for your toes". Cheekey little devils. So we have an oscar from sesame street and a little monkey finger puppet.

So here's where ive been so far

Lima  2days

Huacachina 3 days

Ica Half a day

Arequipa 2 days  2400m above sea level

Colca Canyon  3days, Worlds  highest deepest canyon, 3400m down to 1800m

Back to Arequipa 4days

Cusco 2 days 3200m

The inca trail 4 days 4200m....... Amazing

Back to Cusco to chill for 6 days

Here i am on the shores of Lake Titicaca 3800m were making the bed is a struggle and im out of breath.

Hope you like the fanny!

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

Comments

1

I am going to Chile Ecuador Peru and Bolivia...i only have 6 weeks off work- should i scrach Ecuador? I dont think i will have enought time to see it all.
I am travelling over land by bus.
first stop Chile-then flight straight up to Ecuador and work my way down by bus or however i can from there.

thanks
Kylie
:)

  Kylie McCarthy Oct 10, 2006 11:59 AM

About mcgurk77

Washing my feet in the river after the first afternoon of treking

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.