Existing Member?

When my ass was 26 years old...

Singapore

SINGAPORE | Wednesday, 29 December 2010 | Views [390]

On flight from UK we watched a film about some climbers and surfers heading down to Patagonia called 182 Degrees South. A great film and definitely whetted our appetite for South America. After the 12 hour flight and a short tube ride into the city we arrived in Singapore in the morning and checked into the Hangout hostel @ Mt Emily.  The hostel is nice and close to Orchard Street where the heart of the shopping district (Singaporians love their shopping – they make us look like Communists) and has a cool rooftop terrace with good views of the city.

We took a wander into Little India and had a really good veggie curry at the Komala Vilas restaurant.  We then headed to Sin Lim Square for a good spot of haggling to find a cheap point and click camera.  Managed to sleep off most of the jet lag that night and got up early the next day to take a tube down to the Singapore Flyer.  After beer o’clock near the pit lane of the F1 circuit we then headed to the viewing deck of the Marina Bay Sands hotel; a new 55 floor hotel with some great views of the city.  It also has the tallest swimming pool in the world at an altitude of 200m which looks like the edge falls away off the side of the building.

We then walked to Raffles for a famous Singapore Sling cocktail to round off our time in Singapore.

Tags: singapore

 

About mattandandy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.