Existing Member?

Trip of a lifetime

Cuba

CUBA | Saturday, 11 October 2014 | Views [400]

Quite the adventure. The city is literally crumbling, so sad to see although they are slowly restoring buildings so one day it may be better but there is a very long way to go. We stayed in a Casa which was actually quite nice. We had the whole apartment to ourselves, which was actually a bit lonely truth be told. Did lots of walking and saw a lot of the city in 2 1/2 days. It was enough, as we were constantly harrassed by hustlers. Everybody is your friend until they realize you aren't willing to by them a drink. We got sucked in the first night, or rather Josh did, it cost me $40. 4 double mojitos and a crappy meal later. And then the guy has the nerve to try and get me to buy milk for his "daughter".  Fat chance!  He would have turned around and sold it. We got to the beach long enough to dip our toes in and then the bus back was over an hour late so that was it for the day. After negotiating the airport and finally finding our flight we we made it to Uruguay. On to the next adventure. 

 

About lthom


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cuba

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.